Summertime

Funny how the time flies when you're having fun. This blog became completely neglected what with the start of my new job, moving, living, etc. Alas, here I am, back at it again! Sadly, I missed telling you about most of my trips to the farmers market this year, my amazing honeymoon in Hawaii, my busy summer days, and the start of another beautiful Northwest Autumn. Hopefully, over time I will be able to share some of those memories with you as I look back on them myself.

I did have an amazing summer and I do want to share with you some of the photos I took over those few months.


This is a view of The Big Four Ice Caves located a few hours north of Seattle. This amazing valley has a huge glacier formed over the many years into several ice caves. Unfortunately the  caves are extremely dangerous and it's never a good idea to go inside, but the breeze coming off the ice on a hot summer day is magical.



I love how green everything is here in the summertime. Still at Big Four Ice Caves, but peering across to the other side of the valley, and getting a glimpse at these little flowers growing out of a cliff wall.


My very favorite hike to take is to Ebey's Landing on Whidbey Island. This trail goes up a steep slope, then follows the coastline ridge a couple hundred feet above the ocean shore. At the top you can see this sign, then slide down a sandy slope to get back to the beach and follow that back to the trail head. I've been on this hike a million times, and every time I'm still amazed by how beautiful it is.



Of course there were several trips to the farmers market this summer. I purchased everything from Friar Plums to Oyster Mushrooms and cooked them all! Not to mention countless bouquets of the seasonal flowers. Luckily I still have two weeks left to visit and hopefully will be able to share with you a few more photos!


Phew! Chance had to take a few naps after all the hiking he did. I almost just laid down right next to him.

That's all for now! I look forward to sharing more with you as the time comes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment