Happy Moments

Family having dinner at the Space Needle


Along with greeting out guests from out of state and enjoying an amazing outing all around Pike Place Market yesterday I was also given the surprise of my life while at the very top of the Space Needle - a proposal! I'm sure as many people know, it can be one of the most shocking and happiest moments of your life, and it certainly was for me. I loved having my family - both new and old there with us to celebrate. My boyfriend (now fiancee) was incredibly romantic and adorable so there was no doubt in my mind when I said yes.
My engagement ring actually is a family heirloom from the 1920s from my mother's side of the family. I have long admired it, and my boyfriend had it completely re sized, and cleaned before presenting it to me. I love the art deco details, and how detailed it is, and how much history it already has.
Where the actual wedding is concerned, I'm overwhelmed by how much there is to do already - this morning my family had already e'mailed me a list of extended family members and friends to get in contact with to announce my engagement. (Seriously though guys, it's been less than 24 hours...)
I can't want to share my journey with you, although we plan to have a fairly long engagement, I still am filled with excitement when it comes to planning the rest of our lives together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment