My (kindasorta) Juice Fast

Oh Fat Tuesday. We all have traditions, and fortunately for my dieting competition and own personal desire to eat healthier, Fat Tuesday in my family means doughnuts. This year, without fail one arrived in my kitchen, courtesy of my mother who is more reliable than the postal service. There it was, in it's chocolate and sprinkle covered glory. Can you blame me? I feel like Homer Simpson.
To counteract said doughnut binge, I've been going on a semi-juice fast with my coworker. We've literally turned the kitchen into a laboratory where a pinch of this or that gets thrown into the blender, with no real idea how it will turn out. One such successful experiment however is probably my personal favorite smoothie and is loaded with all sorts of good stuff.
Erin's Super-Green Smoothie:
1lbs fresh baby spinach
1 pear chopped
1 apple chopped (go for something a little more tart with this)
1 cup coconut water
1 cup green juice (I used Trader Joe's brand because it's a little cheaper, but Naked Juice works just fine too)
1/4 cup lemonade
1/2 cup fresh blueberries

I recommend adding the spinach first mixed with the juices and coconut water, then adding the pear, apple, and blueberries last. Then chill before drinking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment