4th of July



Nothing makes me happier than an overburdened tabletop, filled with food, drinks, and board games. This Fourth, I spent rushing back and forth between the grill and the kitchen wearing my bathing suit top and bare feet. We wound up having quite a crowd on our back porch, including my 92-year old grandmother who quite happily munched on some of my peach barbeque pork ribs. The true stars of the show, however, were my peach cupcakes with bourbon cream cheese frosting. As my father said "Nothing tastes like summer in the Northwest than a sweet, juicy peach."
The weather was perfect and I was happy to shed my chef coat for the day and spend time with beloved family and friends eating good food, and drinking beer out of a can. (Monk's Blood by 21st Amendment Brewing is no ordinary beer-out-of-a-can I might add, it's phenomenal.)
I'm pleased to add this one to the books as one of the best 4th of July celebrations ever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment